Saturday, September 13, 2008

A walk around the lake...

After a VERY busy first week, it was nice to get out and take a walk around Hume with Kim. What a blessing it has been with all of this change to have a little piece of home with me. God has blessed me with having one of my dear friends up at Hume until the end of October. Thank you Lord for Kim! :)
Hume Lake has been quite strange for me to get used to. I am definitely a city girl at heart so all of these new sights and sounds and smells have been something i have been marvelling at while i comprehend that this will be my new home for 9 months. Every time i am outside and i take a look into the tall trees or see creatures crawling below, i can't help but praise God and say, WOW! What an awesome Creator you are! What beauty! What greatness! I am so small and insignificant compared to who you are! One of my favorite hymns is 'How Great Thou Art' and i find myself whistling it quite often here.

No comments: