Monday, November 3, 2008

The Heavens declare His GLORY!


Most Mondays at Joshua we have 'DTGs' which either means 'ditch the girls' or 'ditch the guys'. This allows for some quality time with just the gals or just the guys to hang out and do something fun together. Sometimes our DTGs are joint. Today was such a day. Jeff Lilley (the director of Hume Lake) took us on a hike up into some mountains at Hume. The staff opted to take us on a couple mile hike instead of a 10 mile hike so that if it started snowing our vehicles would be ok. I was all for that! Anyways, we began our hike ad tromped through the forest. It was REALLY foggy. So foggy in fact, that when we reached our destination at the top of a mountain, we could only see white all around us. I whispered a prayer in my head that God would wipe away the fog so we could see his beautiful creation all around us. Everyone found a place and we began to eat our sack lunches. A few moments later i a cold wind and looked up. Before my eyes i saw the thick fog being pushed away and a view of hundreds of trees was soon visible! The sky parted into two cloudy sections and the sun shone through in some parts. Everyone stared around in awe! A view that was once pure white was now colorful and clear! It was quite a sight to see and such a blessing from the Lord! He chose to reveal his beautiful creation to his children sitting on a mountain top waiting for a glimpse of Him.
It reminds me of a song i used to sing at a prayer group i was a member of a long time ago...
My God is so great!
So strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do!
The mountains are His
The valleys are His
The stars are his handywork too!
My God is so great!
So strong and so mighty,there's nothing my God cannot do
for you and you and you and me!

No comments: